Welcome to our new contactless dental practice experience….We’re reducing the amount of touch points in the practice during your visits to keep you safe. Your appointment reminders now contain a link for you to complete your medical forms online. The link is called ‘The Portal’. From the portal you are able to complete your forms on your own device from the comfort of your own home. You can also utilise the ‘Self check-in’ option available on your patient portal to let us know when you have arrived for your appointment. If you are unable to access these forms, please inform us before the appointment so we can arrange for these to be updated.
How to use the Patient Portal:
Your email or text reminder will contain a link to your patient portal, this link is secure and just for you. When you click on the link, you have to sign in with your surname and date of birth.
Once signed into the portal you will be presented with the list of forms to fill as follows:
- It is important to complete the COVID-19 pre-appointment screening as if there is any possibility of you having COVID we have to postpone your appointment.
- The Medical History form is essential for you to complete as it is necessary for us to be able to deliver your dental treatment safely. There are many medical conditions that can affect what we can do – for example, you may have allergies that require us to avoid certain materials or which antibiotics we could prescribe – or you may have a pacemaker which means we can not use any sonic equipment. Some medication may even effect how much you are likely to keep bleeding or your healing capacity after any surgical treatment. We also need to know of conditions in case you require medical emergency treatment while you are with us. So, please complete the forms so we can offer you the correct and safe treatment you need when you visit.
- The patient details form is to check that we have your correct up-to-date information on our records, sometimes email and mobile numbers change or even your address, so this is an easy way to make sure we have the correct details to get in touch with you.
- The contact consent is for you to decide if you would like to hear from us with any news updates from the Practice or offers we may have. To reassure we do not share your information with any third-party.
- There is also an oral health survey form, you do not have to fill this but it is useful to help us identify any areas of concern you have that we may be able to help you with.
Once you have completed your forms they are automatically saved to your patient file at the Practice.
If you can’t manage to complete the forms, don’t worry as we will go through them with you in the surgery on our clinipads.