We would like to reassure all our patients we will remain open for all routine dental care during the lockdown.
There are a few changes to our normal operating procedures; fortunately we haven’t had to make too many adjustments as we already adhered to BDA Best Practice and Denplan Excel; the highest standards in patient care and cross infection control.
The changes you’ll notice are:
- Attendance to the practice is via appointment only. The front entrance will remain closed to prevent the entry of other patients and delivery personnel. Excess equipment and furniture has been removed from all areas where possible to minimise contamination and ease cleaning.
- We have an online portal where you’ll be able to update your contact details and medical history prior to your appointment, reducing the contact with equipment in the practice such as the clinipads. Access to this is via a link on your appointment reminder messages.
- We will ask that on arrival you wait in the car park, preferably be contactable by mobile telephone. Reception team will then contact you to confirm your arrival and issue you further instructions. Please attend alone unless necessary such as a child attending with a parent or adults requiring assistant/support. Leave any unnecessary items in your car (e.g. coats and bags).
- You will be greeted by the car park entrance by one of our dental nurses or your dentist. You will be asked to use and alcohol hand rub provided and your temperature checked with a contactless thermometer.
- The dentist and dental nurse will carry out the treatment wearing the appropriate PPE, which includes our higher grade masks for aerosol treatments.
- We have installed air filtration units inside the surgeries and ‘foggers’ to dispense antiviral disinfectant around the surgeries after each patient in addition to our normal strict infection control procedures.
- When the treatment is complete you will be escorted to reception if a payment or future booking is required. To help adhere to social distancing, we will be asking for contactless card payments as preference. For those patients who are more “tech-savy”, we’ll be able to email or text you an online booking link where you’ll be able to book your future appointments, reducing the time you spend in the reception area.
- Please report to the practice if you develop any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within the next 14 days of you attending the practice. Reception team will also follow this up with a phone call.
We will explain this all to you when you arrive. These protocols may be revised over time in accordance with the changing guidance.
Please bear with us if the phone lines are busy. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online booking tool.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon, providing you with routine dental care in a safe environment.