AirFlow is a stain removal system that tackles dark brown, yellow or grey marks on the teeth that are clearly visible but difficult to remove using normal teeth whitening methods. Airflow removes stains from your teeth without harming the enamel.
A combination of water, air, and sodium bicarbonate particles gently polishes away any surface staining from the teeth, leaving behind a bright white smile.
Airflow removes the most stubborn of stains caused by smoking, coffee consumption, and use of certain medications. The most common stains that can be removed using AirFlow include tea, coffee, tobacco, wine and curry. It also reaches into periodontal pockets to eliminate bacteria that can cause significant dental problems later.
This polishing treatment is popular because it does not cause discomfort, has no unpleasant taste or gritty texture, and uses no chemicals. Additional benefits include:
• Stains are removed three times faster than with other hygiene treatments
• Making whitening treatments more effective by removing buildup that could hinder bleaching
• No vibrating instruments or heat are used, so patients with sensitive teeth remain comfortable
• Helps prevent dental disease by preventing periodontitis, removing plaque, and keeping your gums in a healthy state
• Orthodontic patients receive such a gentle but thorough cleaning that their teeth can support future bonds and sealants
AirFlow stain removal is also a fast and painless procedure, removing debris, stains and plaque instantly to create a bright white smile in a matter of moments, making it an ideal treatment to book before a big event or a meeting at work so you can feel confident.
AirFlow is also an affordable method of removing teeth stains, so you can book the treatment as often as you need without breaking the bank.
The Stain Removal Procedure
- At the start of the treatment your Dental Therapist will disclose your teeth with a pink dye. This will clearly show up any plaque deposits and the Dental Therapists will show you any area’s that you may be missing in your daily oral hygiene routine.
- The Dental Therapist will blast a jet of compressed air, water and fine sodium bicarbonate particles at the surface of your teeth to provide a gentle polish if the surface and remove ant debris.
- If needed, the Dental Therapists will use an ultrasonic scaler at the end of your treatment to remove any ‘hard calculus’ left on the teeth.
Watch the procedure here.